Submissions for the 2020 issue will be accepted from October 1, 2019 to March 20, 2020.
We only accept entries from students enrolled at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but we ask that you contact us at IUPNGAR@GMAIL.COM at your most immediate convenience should your work be accepted elsewhere before our March 20th deadline.
By submitting for print publication, you thereby agree to the possibility of your work being republished on our website and/or featured on our homepage. (Requested exceptions may be considered.)
What we’re looking for:
• Short fiction
• Short nonfiction
There is no limit on submissions. This includes up to FIVE (5) combined pages and/or pieces of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, artwork, and photography.
(Exceptions to this rule may be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
• We ask that all written entries are submitted in both the raw document file (AND) a PDF.
• All artwork and photography must be in .jpeg (OR) .png format.
• Due to email size restrictions, we allow artwork and photography to be compressed (or of lower quality) in the initial submission if needed. Upon acceptance, we may ask for higher resolution images.
• You must submit your own work. Do not submit anything that belongs to someone else.
New Growth Arts Review is looking for awesome photos/images to put on the cover of our next issue! All eligible art and photography submissions can be entered up until
MARCH 1ST via NGAR’s official email. Any art or photography submitted after February 1st is only considered as a regular entry. You may submit as many entries as you like, but there will only be one “winner”.
• Can be edited
• .jpeg (OR) .png (note: photo/image may be cropped to fit the final product if needed)
• Can be black & white or full color
• No prominent words on the photo/image as NGAR‘s logo will be placed over it
• Compressed files are permitted for the initial entry, higher resolution files must be
provided if accepted.
• The dimensions of our next issue are still being determined, but each artist should
submit a single photo/image to span the front and back cover (OR) two complimentary
photos/images where one is on the front cover and one is on the back.
• Must indicate that your submission is for the cover art in the email.